Just the thoughts of a girl talking to her God....

Thursday, July 5, 2012

A Little out of Tune

My school did a music performance today. All the kids had to learn a new song. My classes' song was really really long and very hard. I rather enjoyed teaching them and practicing with them because of my background in music. Some of the kids found very hard. We practiced and practiced. One little girl was still quite pitchy.
So when she got up to sing yes she was out of tune but she remembered all the words. There was a lady behind me who was was clearly frustrated with the little girl's rendition of the song. This lady having no connection with the little girl, began keep time very loudly hoping that the girl would do it the "correct" way. After putting up with this for about two minutes I gave the "teacher glare." That look of "you know what you are doing and it needs to stop right now." I had the sudden "mother bear" mentality of don't mess with my kid. It is truly amazing how fast you can fall in love with kids. EVEN if they are out of tune!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment